Tuesday, December 23, 2008

AHHHHHH Vacation....

The best thing about the winter closure at VCU is being off for 2 weeks. The worst thing about it is the three weeks leading up to it. But, I survived and am now sitting in my favorite chair, having completed several projects, thinking how nice it is that I don't have to go to work until 1/5! So.....what have we been up to??? As I mentioned work was total sh!t for most of December up until Fri at 3:45 so thats what I've been buried in. Nattie has managed to escape some bacterial nasty at the daycare that has sent home half the kids & staff (phew!!) and Jame is on a break of his own with classes - tonight is his last night of work for about a week.

I've taken advantage of my time off so far by spending some QT at the chiropractor, wrapping xmas gifts, painting Baby W's nursery, making a massive donation at Goodwill, sorting thru all of Nattie's tiny baby clothes and sleeping in until 6:45! At some point during this 2 week span I do actually plan to do some heavy relaxing but I figure I might as well stay busy while I feel motivated and can still see my toes.

Tomorrow Nattie & I have big plans to bake cookies for Santa :) And a few days ago I DVR'd the Grinch that Stole Christmas (the Dr. Seuss version - not Jim Carrey) and Nattie loves it. So, I get to watch my favorite xmas movie over and over with her....she likes to proclaim that she doesn't like the grinch very much. Hilarious!

Hope everyone is well & if I don't check back in before hand Merry Christmas from all of us!

No comments: