Sunday, December 7, 2008

Busy Weekend

We did a lot of running around this weekend. Here's a quick recap...
Saturday was the usual errands & such but I also managed to get the outside of the house decorated and everything all festive on the inside minus the tree which we didn't have yet. Good times were had by all and the house looks really pretty. This year I convinced Jame that we shouldn't abandon our tradition of cutting our own tree after just one lousy experience last year. He agreed to try one more time. I researched all week and found a place that looked promising...and only 25 minutes away. Should've known better.... Please note the pic of what a VA tree farm has to offer. Yikes!


And so, at Nattie's request, we went to Lowes and bought a perfectly nice tree off the lot. I feel the tradition slipping away.
Today we finished decorations, had a play date, sold stuff on Craigslist and even managed some football on tv - not the Pats of course (poor Jame). Nattie did great helping me get the tree decorated and managed to only break the back legs off of 1 cat ornament. Poor thing probably wasn't expecting a double amputation after 11 months in storage but what can you do.
And the weekend comes to an end....


No comments: