Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weekend updates and other stuff

Its very quiet at work this morning.....There are only 2 of us in the office. Roads aren't great but the Subaru made short work of them and I had no problems. It was weird to drive in crap on my way to work for the first time in 2 years! Nattie decided to bring her baby along for the ride so that she could show her about snowy roads. Too cute.

Our weekend was okay. Nattie is going thru an aggressive testing phase and trying to shoot holes in our boundaries wherever possible. The weather on Sat and most of Sun did not help the situation since we were trapped inside by a cold rain. Sunday I finally just lost my cool and when I put her down for her nap I sat in the livingroom and cried. Then I decided I was the Mom, I was in charge, I am bigger, I am smart and to hell with that weekend....I was done trying to enjoy it. So, lots of lessons were learned, time-outs administered and extensive and excessive crying bouts ensued. I think by the end of the day yesterday Nattie was starting to get the picture. I doubt we're done with it all but it should get easier from here on out. I am not a spanker...at least not yet...so she's just going to need to learn her lessons the hard way. Meaning, loss of priviledges and plenty of time spent alone, thinking about how awful her parents are ;)

Yesterday afternoon we did get back outside and built a very pathetic snowman. Nattie lost interest right around the time I was putting his head on so he has a half head, no arms and a blank face. I didn't have a chance to get a picture of that!

I was 32 weeks pregnant yesterday so here is another tidbit on Patrick...

Week 32
Baby: Your baby measures about 18.9 inches long from head to toe and weighs almost 4 pounds. It fills almost all the space in your uterus now, either lying with the head up or sometimes still with enough room to do somersaults. A layer of fat is forming underneath the thin, wrinkly skin. Baby's practicing opening his eyes and breathing.


I was supposed to have an OB appt yesterday - the first of my 2 week appointments - but it was cancelled due to snow (weird!) and so I've been rescheduled for Friday. I feel fine so I'm not too worried about it. I had actually hoped just to skip ahead to my 35w appt but apparently these things are just not done. So, I will comply ;)

No comments: