Monday, April 27, 2009

Hormones much?

I am tired. Incredibly tired. Fatigue beyond explanation. I am uncomfortable, grouchy and pretty much a crying, hormonal mess. What in the world made me think I could handle 2 kids? Am I ruining Natalie's life? After Patrick shows up will it be 6 months before I am able to finish a conversation with my husband? 9 months maybe?

Had my 40 week OB appt this morning. All is well. Just back from a library trip w/ Nattie. Jame is installing the infant seat in the car and its beastly hot outside for the 3rd day in a row.

I think this is why I kept on working. When I am home and unable to stay on my feet and constantly busy I am free to think. And thinking, at 40 weeks pregnant, when its 93* outside, is just bad. Thinking how scary all of this is, and how sad I feel and how things will change for all of us is so overwhelming.

Ack....

2 comments:

scrapvt said...

I promise you'll be okay, I'm sure the 93* and being so tired isn't helping you. The end is in sight and once you're holding Patrick and you see Nattie will be fine, it will be worth it. There will be days you question it, I still do occasionally, but in the long run, I'm glad I have them. ;)

Thinking of you, hope you feel better very soon, here's a ((HUG)).

Love, Jess

Anonymous said...

Hi Kate, I rarely "get on" here...often don't even turn on my 'puter at all for several days, but Jessie reminded me of your blog & here I am. We soooooooooo wish we were close enough to DO something and feel sooooooooooo bad that you are so uncomfortable and "hormonal." We hope Patrick arrives very soon and once you have that new little bundle in your arms and see how beautiful he is, at least THEN you can focus on him. And the nurses will be attentive to your every need and everyone will flutter around you. Hold that thought & know you're loved. Big...soft...hug, Love, Donna & Bill