Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Changes and updates

Jame went back to work last night. I have to say I was truly nervous about this. While I was looking forward to getting into a more permanent schedule I was so scared about having to take on ALL of the mid-night duties. Thankfully Patrick slept really well and so did Nattie :) Around 5:50 Nattie woke up when Patrick started fussing but I think it was a total success regardless. I am still really struggling with how to get us all ready & out the door by when we need to be but I suppose that 10 more weeks of practice should get us most of the way there.

At some point between the 3:30am feeding and the 6am diaper change Patrick lost his belly button stump. So, I guess there goes the last evidence that we were connected just 2 weeks ago. His new, stumpless button is very cute and Nattie was extremely excited to show Daddy when he got home from work.

I have been running all day trying to get errands done and plans in place for Nattie's birthday party this weekend. I think it will be a very low key affair but I still want it to be very special for my amazing girl so I've been busy remembering things and making lists. And speaking of running...Patrick & I are off to return my overdue library books and pick up Miss N from preschool.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I would have been scared too! I'm glad it went well. I think Natalie will really love having a party and some "all about me" time...and from what it sounds like, she deserves it. Have fun!!

scrapvt said...

Wish I could be there! I'm sure Nattie will love whatever you do. Give her hugs and kisses from all of us.

Love, Jess :)