Sunday, June 7, 2009

the First Smile Prize goes to...

Miss Natalie :)

On Friday night she was busy poking at Patrick and calling him Patty Cakes and generally being what I would consider a semi-dangerous nuisance. He looked up at her and suddenly his whole face broke into a huge grin. She said "Momma, he's smilin' at me" like she was mentioning that the sky was blue or that Jame was in the bathroom again and then went back to her semi-dangerous nuisance behavior. I got my first smile late Saturday afternoon and have had 2 or 3 since. Jame is still waiting.

What a beautiful thing those smiles are. I have to say the long, frustrating crying spells are a lot more tolerable when you know there is a flip side. And so much cuter than the furrowed brow, Mr. Serious expressions we are usually privy to.

Now, I just need to be ready with the camera and perhaps I'll catch one of those grins!

No comments: