Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy 1/3 Year Birthday Patrick!

I can't believe Bunky is 4m old already! There is nothing like a baby to make a whole chunk of time disappear like magic. He started off his thirdofayear birthday by waking up every hour from 11:30pm until 4:30am. Momma is a bit wrecked and glad no party is scheduled for this mini-big event :)

Last night Patrick had his 4m well visit. As I suspected Patrick is headed into tiny territory. He's 24 3/4" and 13lbs13oz. So, that is 50% for height and 10% for weight.

Appt went fairly well. Doc was concerned about the gank in his lungs/throat and his wheezing/coughing and initially suggested we needed albuterol but then he hacked up a big loogie and cleared himself and she changed her mind and wants us to do cereal instead. She thinks his reflux is exacerbating his cold symptoms and so if we can keep the milk down it will improve. I'm much more open to that then another Rx so that was good. He also threw up on cue for her when she asked how the reflux was these days. LMAO!

I decided to go ahead w/ his vax yesterday despite his cold symptoms. He's had no fever and I do not see a symptom free day in our future...at least not until next spring so I figured we might as well get them over with. What a rough, cranky night. Hopefully he'll get some sleep today because otherwise Jenelle is in for it.

And I will do my best to never bring Nattie to another appt. She wasn't bad but she was into everything. She was on top of the doc while P was being examined. She was scared of the shots. She was interrupting and asking questions while I was trying to talk to the doc. It was a total PIA. She was doing a good job following directions but as soon as some new thing got started she was off and in the middle of it again. Since she can't sit still on a good day asking her to stuff her curiosity down and sit nicely in a chair is a pretty tall order. So, in future, she's not on the invite list!

No comments: