Friday, October 30, 2009

Conversation with Natalie - 10/29/09

Last week a big spider (think quarter sized) ran into our garage and under the car. We never saw it again. Nattie & Jame looked around but it was 'gone' somewhere and that was the end of the issue...or so I thought. FF to yesterday morning. we're driving to school and she starts talking about the spider under our car. I try to explain that he's home in the garage but she is adamant that he's under the car.

Me: no he's not still under the car because he fell off a few days ago when we went over a big pot hole.
Nattie: Nope, he's definitely still there.

Hmmmm....really wracking my brain now....and then I had an AHA! moment.

Me: He's definitely not there because spiders don't wear seatbelts and he fell off when his spider leg couldn't hold on.
Nattie: Yes, I think so too. Spiders don't wear seatbelts. He fell off!

She accepts this and agrees with me. We move on to another topic.... FF to last night.

"Mommy?! I think that spiders do wear seatbelts. I think they wear tiny, special seatbelts. One's made just for spiders. They have to or the police will yell at their Mommy's. I'll bet you he's still under the car!"

How do you argue with that?

2 comments:

scrapvt said...

LMAO! Oh, my god she is so funny! You definitely have your work cut out for you. ;)

Love ya,

Jess :)

Natalie said...

So much for your AHA moment! ;) She's hysterical.