Wednesday, December 9, 2009

updates - mostly medical stuff

I know, I know.

Patrick got another tooth on Monday. He's more congenial again.

I took him to see a GI last Friday and she asked a bunch of questions. Confirmed he has reflux and gave us an Rx to try. The new med works with the prevacid and is supposed to calm the smooth muscles in his stomach and if it works we'll see a marked improvement. If it doesn't work we'll take him back off of it and keep doing laundry. He's been given the green light to eat meat & yogurt and we were encouraged to get him to table food as quickly as possible since its even more difficult to throw that up. He was 27" and 17lb 14oz.

Today I finally caved and called the pedi for Natalie. She's been complaining of her "tummy hurtin" for months and I've chalked it up to attention seeking, motrin seeking, motion sickness, needing to poop and being hungry. Well, perhaps its none of those things. So, she & I went this morning and there is nothing obviously wrong w/ her based on the external exam. So, we went to the lab. Turns out you can convince her to pee in a cup if you offer 2 pieces of gum at once. AND its so distracting that she barely flinched when they drew 5 vials of blood. Both the pedi & I are confident the tests will come back normal and at that point we can start narrowing down her diet to see if she's having problems with reflux (jeezum!) or a food sensitivity. She was 30lbs!!!!

So, just in case anyone reading is wondering how I'm holding up... I want to smash my head off of something hard to put myself out of my misery over these belly issues. I would also like to poke my eyes out to render myself unconsious so I don't have to think about how I"m going to plan Christmas and a vacation for the same week. Been feeling absolutely insane amounts of anxiety and rage lately so I hauled my cookies to the OB and confessed a fear of delayed PPD. She hooked me up w/ some Zoloft. So far I can't tell a difference...but I did manage not to put my pj's on last night until 6:30pm which I suppose is an improvement.

I know...no pictures right now. I'll get off my duff soon and take some.

1 comment:

Amy said...

...love you! That.is.all.