Saturday, January 30, 2010

That Pesky, Sarcastic Yankee is back....

Let me start this post (heavy on the sarcasm) with a quick YAY SNOW!!!!!

Observations on the latest snowstorm ;) I'm sure there will be MANY of these over the coming hours/days.

Earlier this week the conversation began about buying supplies to ride out the storm. People were having in depth discussions about their strategy for going to the grocery store. I had the audacity to suggest I would go on Sat morning like I normally do. I was informed that there would be no food on the shelves if the stores were indeed still open. (huh!?!?) Anyway, after I considered the options I decided Nat and I would run to the store after work yesterday to pick up the groceries since I was having a serious craving for eggplant parm and wanted to be sure I could satisfy it. Well, we may or may not be eating that tonight...because the store was nearly unshoppable. There were so many people in it that you couldn't maneuver your cart and the lines were close to 30 people deep. I declare to the world that I will never stand in a line that long in any grocery store unless we're facing a freakin' nuclear winter. so there! I will head to the store in a few minutes and shop in peace. I have watched the cancellations and so far the stores appear to be open.

Last evening - 12 full hours before a single flake had fallen from the sky the cancellations began on the TV.

1) Winterfest - cancelled
(Seriously?? You're cancelling winterfest because it's snowing outside? Irony anyone?)

2) Flights - really? there is currently 1" of snow on the ground and the airport has ground to a halt. Glad I'm not needing to get somewhere on an airplane today! I would be livid if my flight had been cancelled before a flake hit the ground.

More to come :) Its actually snowing hard(ish) now and I'm hoping we wind up on the upper range of the forecast - 12".

2 comments:

Amy said...

Cracks me up! Can't wait to hear your take on the stores this morning...I just heard that parts of the south are in a state of emergency b/c of the snow...seems a bit dramatic to me but then again, I'm not there...just plain ol' freezing here in VT! Hope you and the kiddos are having a blast!

Love, A.

scrapvt said...

That is absolutely hysterical! You are so freakin funny! :)