Day 2 began like any other except it started earlier and with grumpier kids and a Mom w/ a hurting head! While we waited for the Dawson's to wake up at Gigi's we cooled our heels in the hotel, had breakfast, etc. We headed to Gigi's around lunch for a brief stint because while everyone else had just woken up our crew was ready for their naps. I left Jame to hang out and took the kiddo's back to the hotel. Then back to Gigi's again later that afternoon and Jame took Nattie w/ him and Luke to pick up some items. 2+ hours later Patrick was spent, no one had dinner and I was pretty frustrated. I do love my family but the challenges of being the only ones w/ kids were evident in their total lack of compensation...and the fact that they kept saying things like "Don't let your kids rule your life." I have news for the Dawson's....despite my absolute best efforts...my kids have taken complete control over my life. Perhaps one day they'll learn.
On 12/23 my Mom was supposed to arrive but due to bad weather in Burlington she was delayed. Nattie & I went to the pool and Brian came to our room to hang out for a bit. Then we dropped Mr. P off w/ Gigi and Liza and took Natalie ice skating. Had another enjoyable evening with the family at Gigi's house w/ the best pizza I've had in a long time. Luke gets major credit for knowing how to order an amazing pie!
Here are some more pictures :)
No comments:
Post a Comment