Yesterday I had the most fabulous thing happen! VCU closed :) So, I had a day off when the sun was shining and snow was on the ground and it was lovely! That said I was definitely starting to feel pretty stir crazy after being home for 2 straight days. Around 10am I dropped the kids at school and then headed back to the house. I finished crocheting Natalie another hat she probably won't wear. I'll post pictures when I can get her to try it on (so far she's refusing). I also decided that I was going to try and find the kids some clothes that fit.
Believe it or not Natalie can finally wear 3T pants! They look so cute on her - amazing what pants that are the right length will do. ;) She also got 4T shirts and its nice not to see 2" of belly every time she raises her arms above her head. I can't believe how big she's getting - and how petite she is when I compare notes w/ my friends. Paddy got 12-18m clothes!!!! He got several new shirts since its a bit chilly for his belly to be hanging out all the time too. So, a very successful shopping trip.
And since I know plenty of you are wondering where the heck the pictures are.... I finished editing last night and will upload them today if Jame isn't using the computer for school! I spent a lot of time playing w/ the manual settings on the camera and would like to thank Amy for mentioning white balance in some prior posting she did of snow pictures. So, I have many pics of the kids, the family and then some random stuff where I was playing around w/ camera settings and then the editing tools.
Schools are still closed here today but I'm at work. The roads are pretty junky still...and here is a vent(ish).
1) why the hell are people parking in the street? First the plows don't come so the cars pack all the snow into that lovely pitted ice. Then the temps go above freezing and making huge bare spots in between the pitted ice. Then the plow comes thru and weaves around all the parked cars. You can only imagine what it is like to drive over that fabulous surface. I would like to scream out "IF YOUR CAR IS IN THE ROAD IT SHOULD BE TOWED. JERKS!!" Okay....
2) Salt. use some.
Lastly - I hope it snows again this weekend :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment