Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just a couple of things...

This morning Paddy woke me up (again) at 3:50.  I let him deal til my alarm went off at 5, but of course neither one of us was doing much sleeping.  I would like to give Nat a shout out for being such a good sleeper...'cause Baby Girl, I had no idea how good I had it ;)  Anyway, I digress...  After I fed him at 5 the "unsnuggliest" baby in the world curled right up into me and just lay there while I rubbed his back and we rocked.  I don't think I ever would have put him down...but eventually he got squirming and turned back into normal Paddy - Mr. Go! Go! Go!  Of course, he was also the one taking his first nap of the day at 6:30am when we drove to daycare...

Natalie has kid legs.  Last night she was getting into pj's and I looked and there were these kid legs attached to her body.  They're long, and thin, and muscular, and shapely AND there is nothing about them that looks anything like baby legs anymore.  I think this happened overnight!...and it makes my heart ache a little.

Today is my Friday!  I'm headed out tomorrow to hang w/ the gals for the weekend.  I am over the moon with excitement and completely terrified to leave my kids with *gasp* my husband.  Not because I don't find him capable in every way...but because I haven't been away since well before Mr. P's arrival last April.  It's probably been a year and a half since I spent a night further than 1 room away from either of them.  Obviously this is well deserved, and long overdue...but damn, if it doesn't freak me out!  I'll get over it with several glasses of wine, good food and my favorite contingent of Mid Atlanticians (new word!).

Photobucket

No comments: