Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Spring...are you out there?

I'm pretty sure while I was driving to work and admiring the pretty Richmond skyline from a distance that I heard SNOW in the forecast for today. ??? I live in VA, right? It's March, right?

In other news... Paddy is dangerously close to walking and that makes his parents quake with fear and dance with joy. I wish I could say that its all just because I'm thrilled that he's so 'advanced' for his 10m age bracket...but I'll confess that it's mostly because I want to wean him off the prevacid and stop shelling out $40/month for a maintenance drug for my infant...and of course the extra time not spent dosing him every morning during the mad dash would be helpful too. Last night he was walking while holding Jame's fingers and when Jame let him go he took 3 more steps. I don't think these qualify as official first steps because he was already in motion...but like I said, he's dangerously close!

I'm getting very excited for a girls weekend coming up soon. Have I told you ladies how much I love you? How I would be lost without you? Well, I do and I would. xoxoxo And because this will be my first weekend w/out kids in tow in more than a year I'm panicked and exhilarated all at the same time. 2 nights! I seriously hope my body will sleep past 6am!
Jame got another A+ in his first BS class and so his fabulous GPA continues to hold. Natalie has been WOUND UP and I think we need many, many days in a row of outside time. Spring is coming, I think, maybe, someday....

I'm currently revamping the garden (as you all know)...seeds were ordered yesterday from High Mowing Seeds but I'm in a quandry over tomatoes and eggplants. And right now I'm making Nattie a crocheted dress (she won't wear) in the most atrocious purple color you've ever seen. She chose it. I am desperately hunting thru my leftoevers looking for a color of secondary yarn that will tone down her "barney costume" and so far have come up w/ nothin'. There has to be a way to make that color look less awful....  It'll be done tonight (I think) so I'll post pictures!
That's all from here :)

No comments: