Monday, April 12, 2010

end radio silence!

I am apparently bad at trying to vacation and blog.  And since I refuse to be bad at vacationing I guess I'll have to be bad at blogging while on vaca ;)  Hilton Head was all I'd hoped it would be.  And despite the fact that Les & I were there together we managed to get all sunshine and only 1overnight rainstorm. 

Some events...
Paddy now has 3 words; Mama, Nahlee (Natalie) and Uh Oh.  The balance between walking and crawling has tipped in favor of walking and he looked the part of a hilarious little drunkard staggering down the beach w/ his new walkin' legs.  He loved the beach, especially the way it tasted and earned the nickname "Sandy Candy". 

Natalie got her first jellyfish sting but was very brave about it...especially after the cute lifeguard sprayed it down w/ the vinegar/water solution.  She fully enjoyed riding bikes w/ Daddy over the stranded jelly's on the beach and listening to the squash sound followed by her Mother gagging.   She also has a new vocab courtesy of her friends (Hadley 8, Marley 6) and Highschool Musical.  Awesome! 

I have a newfound respect for my kids' ouchies.  After dumping a bike on a path and getting about 4" of road rash and skinned shin I will say that I need to be nicer when they scrape themselves up.  The worst...applying sunblock to the freshly skinned skin.  OOOOOOUUUUUUUCH!

I took over 500 pictures and got lots of practice with my new lense and will be sure to put them up for veiwing once I can find a solid 5 hours on the computer to sort thru it all...I love digitial but the resulting mass of shots can be a little overwhelming!


Photobucket

1 comment:

scrapvt said...

Yea! I'm so glad you had a good time, sorry to hear about Nattie sting and wipe out. No fun. I hope you got a picture of the lifeguard. ;-) Can't wait to see the pictures, glad you had fun and got home safe. Talk to you soon.

Love ya!