I feel better - not great - but better. Work exploded 2 weeks ago and between my day job and my Mommy job and party palooza I have been living in Tense City. This morning I started to yell expletives at my monitor and decided that enough was enough and I wasn't going to let some insane procrastination on the part of a colleague ruin my day. So, off I marched in the sunshine to the farmer's market.
Now, I'd like to add that this is a sad little market and this year it appears to have gotten even smaller and less vibrant. I'm not sure why but perhaps many vendors aren't coming yet because the season is immature. Instead of the fresh bread and organic goat cheese I used to be able to find there it seems every handmade jewelry vendor in Richmond has decided to set up shop. I digress.....
Today as I was walking down Broad St (6 lanes of traffic) and over I95 (8 lanes of trafic) I could smell honeysuckle. How amazing and fantastic that a flower can be so overwhelmingly sweet.
I found free range chicken eggs, gorgeous lettuce, potted spearmint & fresh asparagus.
On my walk back up I was sure to inhale deeply and smell the honeysuckle again.
And (miracle) my email was not full of crap when I got back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment