A little background. Yesterday I took Paddy to the ENT since he's in the middle of his 8th ear infection....
It was a long appt. Saw the Resident, saw the surgeon, saw the audiologist, had a full hearing screen done, pics taken of his ears, etc. Very thorough...I can see why this group comes so highly recommended. Essentially, their conclusions are that Patrick is never w/out fluid behind his ears. His med records indicate and if my memory serves, even when he's being checked for well visits and is symptom free there is never a time when they don't comment that "he's got fluid but it's not infected so it should be okay" which only leads to an infection w/in days. They also felt after spending some time w/ him that his "noisy" breathing, etc is due to trouble w/ his adenoids and that if he's being anesthetized once we might as well whack those out rather than having to put him back under in a few months. Their conclusion is that the bacteria in his adenoids is directly impacting his sinuses, ears, etc and that he's better off w/out them. I wanted to cry. I'm relieved in a way and terrified in others. So, we're looking at 1-2w for surgery.
And when, you ask, did I discover that Patrick is a FHIT? Well, it was during his hearing screen...
Patrick passed his hearing test w/ flying colors. We're in the booth and he's sitting in my lap, facing the audiologist. She's talking to him and playing noises thru different speakers, etc. He's not looking away from the toys he's playing w/ on the table so I become terrified and completely convinced that he's stone deaf. Nope, apparently every time she would cue him his eyes would flick consistently in the correct direction and then a look of annoyance would come over his face. He would not turn to the noise, or respond to it, only do the eye flick thing.
Yeah. Uh huh. You see it now, don't you? FHIT!


6 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA hilarious!!!
Too funny! Jumping in from New Friend Friday!!
LMAO That is too funny! I've got two FHITs.
I just stumbled on your blog from a bloghop. I'm a new follower!
http://www.pictureitcreations.blogspot.com
HAHA! Too true, isn't it... great story! ;)
Thanks for visiting my blog; I'm following you back now. Your photos are gorgeous, as are your kiddos. :)
Hey! It's Jaded Vixen from http://jadedgymjunkie.blogspot.com. Thanks for stopping by for NFF! Looking forward to reading your posts and if you like, I just posed a giveaway on my blog you may be interested in entering!
J.V xo
Came by to let you know you won my Fingerprint photo challenge! Here's the link and congrats:
http://thepapermama.blogspot.com/2010/05/and-fingerprint-winner-is.html
By the way... It's time for the vote off of the 4 previous challenge winners. You're in the vote! :)
http://thepapermama.blogspot.com/2010/05/time-for-vote-off.html
Post a Comment