A few days ago I was driving around Richmond, lost, and listening to the radio. 2 things that almost never happen. I have an excellent sense of direction, utilize mapquest and do love NPR but when they've got the classical on I tend to be a CD girl so commercial radio is almost never playing in my car. Which of course means this was fate. Fate I tell you!
I heard an ad on the radio... "Does the humidity wreck your hair, blah blah, yadda yadda." Well, duh. Anyway, here's where it gets good. The commercial says something like come to Imago where we specialize in dry cutting curly hair and making you look fab regardless of the fact that you'll be walking around in soup like weather conditions for the next 4 months. Better yet, I can make my appt online!
Jessica, you are forever my hero.
She sat me down and made me tell her all my dirty little hair secrets. Like the giant containers of cheap shampoo and conditioner that I use...and all about the boxes of dye I use without regard to waiting the recommended time in between re coloring, etc. Then we talked about my routines, products, what type of towel I use to dry my hair, what kind of pillowcase I slept on and if I had any bad habits (I might be a constant ponytail wearing, hair toucher). After that she began to lift my hair in little wavy chunks and cut each curl individually. She proclaimed me a Curavy (curly/wavy) haired girl and discussed how I was (this was not a suggestion) going to care for my hair from now on. She referenced a cashmere sweater. Or maybe my expensive camera as opposed to my $5 sunglasses.. You get the picture. And she sold me. She got me hook, line & sinker. And guess what, my hair looks freaking awesome. And guess what else, its 1 bazillion degrees outside and 200% humidity.... That's right. I can only imagine how happy I'll be after I see her again in 10 weeks.
I hope the same nice lady washes my hair again too...because girlfriend gave one hell of a scalp massage.
I would also like to say that I detest this photo of me but it's unfair to rave about a new hair do and not post a picture. So, here I am. Be kind w/ your inner thoughts!


4 comments:
LOVE the hair; you look fantastic!
It looks beautiful. I love the spirals!! What a great experience!
heather
You look fabulous and your hair is GREAT. Does Jessica have a friend in VT she can refer me to?
It looks AWESOME! And I totally would have yelled at you if you didn't post a picture...which is a great photo of you by the way!!
Post a Comment