It's kind of a long story but my children have intense anxiety over traveling in a car without water and a bag of snacks. I take full responsibility for this...I simply like to be prepared in case we get stranded somewhere and someone is starving or dying of thirst. Anyway, they now require travel rations no matter where we're going. Which includes our morning 15 minute commute to work/school/daycare. Recently Natalie has been wanting yogurt. I am happy to commute with yogurt and she's happy to wait to eat her snack until she's happily hanging out with her buddies in Miss Jennifer's room. Patrick, on the other hand, has not figured out that eating dairy in a small container, with a spoon, in a messy 1yo way, in my car and is definitely not happening and is not happy to wait till he's hangin' in Miss Tracy's class. So, I have to sneak Natalie's yogurt into the car every morning or suffer the consequences. And by consequences I mean listening to Patrick wail "ooooooogurrrrrr, oooooohhhgurrrrrr, mine ooooooohhhgur" for that entire commute.
Fast forward to Wednesday morning.
Natalie: "MOMMY! You have gone and forgot my yogurt AGAIN!"
Me: (thinking: what is she talking about? When did this yogurt forgetting qualify as a habit?) "No, I didn't forget it. I was just extra sneaky this morning. It's here with me in the front seat."
Natalie: That's awesome Momma! (gosh she's so southern all of a sudden...note the "gone & forgotten phrasing of her first accusatory sentence) You're like SUPERMAN! Now picture her shooting off fake guns in the back seat....
Natalie: Wait, you're SUPER MOM!!!! More fake gun shooting and psssshew gunshot sounds from the back seat.
Me: (Glowing and laughing hysterically) Thank you Natalie, I love being Super Mom!
What I did not mention as I was glowing over my fabulous Super Mom self was that I'm fairly certain that Superman does not shoot off guns. And that my shooting off guns in our car would most definitely disqualify me from being any variety of Super Mom. Unless maybe you're friends with Sarah Palin....which I most definitely choose not to be. Anyway, after this whole gun shooting, Sarah Palin friending stream of consciousness went on in my head it occurred to me that I'm one step away from being CRAZY MOM!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I give my kids smoothies in the car. That way they get their yogurt AND fruit ration!
Absolutely hysterical!
LOL, I can just hear him now. :) Sometimes we Mom's need to be sneaky.
Post a Comment