Monday, January 5, 2009

Viability and Terrible Two's!

24 weeks today and Patrick has reached the point of viability - I'm incredibly thankful we've come this far but he's got strict instructions to stay put until at least the first week of April! Had my monthly OB appt this morning and everything looked good. I did agree w/ the OB that the holiday eating should end with the holidays but thats just common sense.

And Jame & I have had to put a little steel into our spines (and a steely glint in our eyes) when it comes to Nattie. For the last week she's been "that kid"...yeah, the one that makes every fertile person who comes into contact with her renew their birth control prescription. So, its back to the drawing board as far as this whole parenting thing goes. Hopefully we'll find the right tactic, and she'll discover sooner rather than later, that we mean business. I don't think it'll be long lived since she can't stand being stuck in time out.

I'm back at work today and not really loving it. I know it sounds pathetic but even after 2w of vacation I wasn't ready for it to be over.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kate,

I am so happy for you and Jame. The name you picked is great. Does Patrick have a middle name?

It sounds like Nattie is full blown
" terrible twos". Good luck. By the sounds of it, I don't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting closer to her. Oh well. Maybe by the time I see you again, things will have improved.
Love,
Mom