First let me preface this update with a little info to make it easier to understand. I've been trying to explain to Nattie that I'm not planning to feed Patrick with a bottle. Well, explaining something as abstract as breastfeeding to a 2yo is not as easy as it might sound. So, while Amy was visiting last weekend Nattie (aka Miss Nosybritches) got a few concrete demonstrations on what Mommy was trying to explain. And she gets it now....
From the car on Tuesday.... "Mommy, babies suck!" Well, in my adult mind I thought she meant it as a derogatory comment and so I corrected her language and made a mental note to be sure never to say anything sucks again. a little tsk tsk to myself. I hear back...."No Mommy, babies do suck! They suck milk!" So, I adjust my rear view mirror and Nattie has her shirt pulled up and her baby doll attached to her chest and she announces "Look Mommy, baby sucks!"
I did mention to her that baby was eating, and then she corrected me that baby was actually drinking....and since it was Nattie & I the debate went on for awhile :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my God that is funny! I would have paid money to be in that car during that dicussion. ;) Sometimes we adults do make things more complicated and all it takes is a kids perspective and hey you know what sometimes they're right. :) Life is definitely about to get more interesting in the Webster house. :) Love to all,
Auntie Jess :)
I just about fell out of my chair. Nattie is quite the character! :)
Post a Comment