Monday, March 9, 2009

Great Weekend - tough time change!

It has been a really nice weekend! All around :) Friday I picked Nattie up and she had a great day so off we went to the library. She was excellent as always and I continue to be really proud of her 'library manners'. While I was looking for a book in the stacks for myself she wandered into what must be the Conservative ideology section. I found her 'reading' something and started looking at some of the titles. One, that was especially memorable, was titled "How to Talk to a Liberal if You Absolutely Must". Too funny! Anyway, I was tempted to check on out to see how someone might 'learn' to talk to me if they absolutely had no other choice but decided it would probably just irritate me and left it on the shelf.

Amy & Gianna came on Saturday morning and it was so nice to have them for the weekend. G is an absolutely beautiful baby and she was super easy to have as a guest. Natalie was really well behaved with her. She had a bit of a learning curve but did get better about being gentle and allowing some space as the time passed. She was also extremely interested in being helpful! I think that may wind up being a mixed blessing with Patrick but we'll see. We all went to the park for a kite festival and then to the outlets for a little retail therapy. The weather couldn't have been nicer! I enjoyed every minute of having such a good friend visit and the luxury of actually being able to finish several conversations!

Oh, and Amy took about 1 bazillion pics so as soon as I get some I will load up a few. I look like an oompa loompa but the kiddo's are obviously cute as buttons :)

Due to all the activity and being on the go Nattie barely napped and so was a little rough by the time I put her to bed last night. She slept well but this morning when I tried to wake her she was so deeply asleep I couldn't get her even to crack an eye. I turned on all the lights, I tried talking to her, I banged around in her room, etc....still she was dead asleep. Amy brought G in who squealed and babbled a bit and finally Nattie started to "come to". When she did finally wake it was extra tough but I do understand...I'm not feeling terribly perky this morning myself. Hoping that another day of sunshine & 80* will make everything right w/ the world. That and a nice early bedtime for both of us!

1 comment:

scrapvt said...

I'm so glad you and Amy and G had a good visit. I'm jealous. ;) You're supposed to look like an oompa loompa, you pg! And it won't be for too much longer now. :) I wish you could send some of that gorgeous weather up here, we're all ready for it! Take care.

Love, Auntie Jess :)