The weekend.... On Friday Nattie & Jame made the best trip of the week to pick up Chinese take-out. Nattie loves to go in the truck with Jame & Kaylie and especially that the door at the restaurant goes "BING". She is discovering that she prefers white rice, sweet & sour chicken, and crab rangoons. Saturday I got my seeds started :) Not all of them since most can be direct seeded w/ the long season here. But I did get eggplant, melon & some herbs into the trays. I saved some of the herb seeds to direct seed in another 3 weeks so that the timing will vary. Everything here bolts so quickly that I think this is a good plan to keep the fresh herbs for longer into the season. I may try to do a 3rd direct seed mid summer but with the heat it may fail. We also took a family trip to Lowes and bought stuff that will hopefully make grass grow in our yard. fingers x'd. Sunday Nattie got to play w/ Kayleigh for a few hours and Jame cleaned out the garage. Apparently we had a whole bunch of spider egg sacks out there. EWWWWW! He also got his bicycle tire fixed and took Nattie for a ride. I was jealous - I miss being able to do stuff like that.
Why.... Here is an example of a conversation on Monday morning.
Nattie - Mommy, the moon is small today.
Me - yes it is.
Nattie - why?
Me - Because the moon changes size
Nattie - why?
Me - Because it turns
Nattie - Why?
Me - I'm not sure (seriously...how the hell am I supposed to explain this to her....)
Nattie - Why?
Me - because I don't know
Nattie - Why?
Me - Why do you think?
Nattie - I don't know either.
Me - okay
Nattie - Mommy, you're drinking coffee.
Me - yes.
Nattie - why?
etc etc......
and climbing.... Nothing in the Pantry is safe. Especially the child who is now scaling up the shelves to get anything she thinks she needs. So strange to consider childproofing after so much time.
so grown up.... Yesterday morning Natalie decided she wanted to get herself ready ALONE. She politely asked me to walk away which I did. She got herself 100% dressed with no help. Apparently I can still help her with her hair and tying her sneakers but otherwise I'm out. This happened again this morning. Its definitely not faster but it does make for a much more pleasant time w/ the morning 'creature' who has wild mood swings and tantrums and crying jags. And I have to admit I am extremely impressed with her independence and skill. Must remember some days that she won't be 3 for another month or so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow - Nattie really impresses me and makes me question that her and Mia are only 3 days apart in age!
Post a Comment