Monday, April 6, 2009

37 weeks.....Full term.....exhale

Oh happiness! Patrick is full term. He's still not invited to his own birthday for at least 14 days but it feels so good to know the munchkin's lungs are ready and all he needs to do now is get fatter! Whew....and I'll go ahead and do the biggest exhale I can with my crushed lungs. :)

This weekend the weather was beyond gorgeous...70 & perfect blue sky. Saturday I finished P's room as evidenced by the pictures. I also got the batteries charged for all the toys/swing/bouncy/etc. Finished a little tote of stuff for Nattie to play w/ when I'm nursing. Got her easter basket ready. Made another freezer meal. Had a pedicure (ahhhhh so nice!). Played outside a lot. Got my cool weather veggies direct seeded into the garden. And I'm thinking I did sit down for a few minutes too.

Sunday I got caught up on all the back filing. Sent Nattie's portraits in the mail. Partially packed a hospital bag for P & I. Made a list of things missing from the bag. Played outside a lot. Generally over did it to the point that I could barely walk by the end of the day....stupid hips. Jame went golfing and so I was left alone with Nattie. Getting so much harder to stay on top of her! Have to say he did pick a hell of a nice day to golf so who can blame him? And I think the pressure of having a 2nd kiddo is starting to set in for him too so it was good that he got to get out for some time to himself.

My to-do list actually does look shorter this week. Not a lot but enough that I feel better. Now if only the work at work would ease up. Not likely. I'm tossing the idea around of taking a day off later this week and just sitting somewhere. Actual relaxation. It may be the last time I get to do that for several months and so I think it might be worth it to burn a day of my leave. Selfish...but sometimes a gal is so much better off when she's not losing her mind :)

Oh, and Jame finished up another round of classes yesterday. Started a new set today. I'm sure we'll see more A's when his grades are posted next week :)

2 comments:

scrapvt said...

Great news! Sounds like you've been a very busy girl, how do you do it? :) I definitely think you've earned a day off for yourself, you should go for it! Congrats to James, I'm sure it will be A's, good for him. I'm still too chicken to go back. ;) Love Patrick's room, great job and nice pics of Nattie, she's getting so big, so fast.

Love to all,

Auntie Jess :)

Amy said...

NOT selfish...you are very deserving of the time and relaxation! You are AMAZING!! : )