Sunday, May 31, 2009

Patrick stuff....and other tidbits

Okay - so I think Patrick might be a Dawson. He definitely looks more Dawson...as much as a 1 month old baby can look like something or someone. Also, I pumped off some milk the other day and got 5oz off one breast. This is 3 full oz more than I ever got when I pumped with Nattie, at any point in her infancy. So, it appears he knows how to eat. Additionally, he appears to be an over eater. He never says no if there is more milk to be had. He'll simply gulp it down and puke it back up. This behavior is definitely anti-Webster...remember Nattie who will put half a cookie in the fridge because she's full.

Lastly ...his growth percentiles were actually INCREASING at his last Pedi visit.

And a couple of firsts! Last night he slept for 5 hours in between feedings. And today he took his first bottle. I consider both things to be 100% success.

In light of Patrick's awful screaming (reflux) I decided that I needed Nattie to go back to daycare full time this Monday. I am absolutely conflicted over this because I feel like I'm throwing away a wonderful opportunity to spend more time with her. But, I just can't hack 20 hours a day of solo parenting a shrieking refluxer with a very busy 3yo running around. I need to recognize this limitation and work toward quality instead of quantity with Nattie I guess.

Abigail was here for 3 days last week and I had the most fantastic time with her. It was great for her to come visit. Her help was so appreciated and Nattie just loved her! I was very sorry to see her go but am hopeful that I'll be able to go visit her before too much longer.

Big thanks to Jame for his overnight help this weekend. I was starting to lose my cool after no sleep for a solid month. This weekend he took Patrick out of the bedroom and slept downstairs with him. Before he brought him to me to eat he changed his diapers and only asked me to bring him back when finished nursing. It was so much easier for me to fall back to sleep afterward and I slept really well since I wasn't listening to the pukes, squeaks, gags, snores and grunts of a noisy baby. I feel human after 2 nights of this. Okay...so he's going back to work tomorrow night but what a gift. I really REALLY needed this!

And Big thanks to Nattie for watching a movie from start to finish 2 days this weekend while I napped. This is a very new development. While I should regret her newfound attention span for tv I just can't. Those catnaps were fantastic!

2 comments:

scrapvt said...

I'm glad to hear you got some rest. I told you Jame would come through somehow. :) Good news about Patrick, glad he's starting to eat better and most definitely sleep better. I pray the reflux is getting better also. Nattie will be fine and you're right quality is better than quantity. So happy that Abigail visited, I'm sure you had a great time.

Take care. :)

Amy said...

Although I LOVE your posts, and I'm glad to hear that things are settling in a bit, but, ahem, ( I'm chanting here) ...pictures, pictures, pictures!!! : )