1 week of daycare and Patrick has croup. Super. *note heavy sarcasm*
Sunday afternoon he started to look bad. His nose was stuffy, his eyes were red & puffy and watering. He did not look much better on Monday so I sent him to daycare armed with saline and an extra change of clothes since he always barfs after saline. In all fairness the stuff does taste like, well, saline. Brought him home Monday - he looked beat tired and pretty awful....put Bunky to bed early and figured it was just his 2nd icky cold. Nope. Nope. Nope. I woke up around midnight thinking a seal with laryngitis had moved into Patrick's bedroom. So, he got more saline, some food and a humidifier and slept okay the rest of the night. I never went back to sleep because I was terrified of the wheezing and barking and his incredibly hoarse little mewls. Not terrified enough, however, to keep him home on Tuesday. Nope, this Momma spent all the available time on mat leave and now has to go to work. Soooo.... we went to the pedi and confirmed the dx and got him some steroids to go with his prevacid and back to school he went.
Last night went much better except he's hitting his 3m growth spurt and wanted to eat every 2 hours. He's definitely feeling less croupy which is a very good thing.
And I've decided to initiate a new award... Its called a MOY and you have to say it in a sarcastic tone. MOY stands for Mother of the Year...and we would call it the WMOY for Worst Mother of the Year but the acronym isn't as good. I'm accepting my 2nd MOY award today. Pats self on back. *note more sarcasm*
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so sorry he has croup. Glad he seems to be doing better. You are not WMOY, you are MOY, not sarcastic, give yourself a break. You just went back to work and now have 2 kids to get ready and yourself. I know this doesn't help, but it will get easier. Thinking of you and wishing I could be of more help.
(( Hugs))
Post a Comment