Monday, August 10, 2009

Kids say the darndest things....

Yesterday at the pool Nattie was in "why" mode. Everything was why. I was definitely starting to lose my mind with the explanations and justifications. I get to the point where I don't care anymore if its making her brilliant...I just want her to stop asking me why. Then she said this....

"Mommy, see that lifeguard? He's got a tatto on his arm. It's an A for Natalie on his arm. Do you think it will wash off in his tubby tonight?"

I can't express how hard I laughed. Then he asked what she was curious about so I told him. He assured her that it wouldn't wash off in the tubby. She seemed satisfied with that and moved on to a new topic.

I'd also like to note that it wasn't an A for Natalie on his arm. It was an N. So, now she recognizes B (for boy, baby, etc), N (for Natalie), K (for Kate & kite), M (for Mommy) & P (for Patrick)....of course, she calls them all A!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I seriously think you have a little genius on your hands!