Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Christmas Day!

The day started out great at 5am (our usual)! The kids were up and Natalie was beyond excited to get to her gifts and see what Santa had dropped off. We wasted no time in letting her open her gifts and most of Patrick's since he had no interest. It was so much fun and afterward they were really absorbed with playing with all their new stuff! After nap we met up with Nanna and they opened a few more gifts and then we all headed to John's house for dinner. Katie was in charge of a fantastic spread and their house had amazing, huge fireplaces. It was a little tricky not to be able to put Patrick down but Nattie was very smart about the fire and did great. We had a lovely dinner and afterwards I started to get a little freaky.

I figure it was probably the culmination of the weeks worth of listening to family say that I wasn't hanging out enough and really needed to relax and not worry about the kids or let them run my life, etc. And then of course there was my Mom who just wanted to leave. Not to mention the over tired kids! We had decided that Jame would drink & I would drive that day and then I turned into a crazed lunatic and picked a big fight w/ my moderately drunk hubby. It all ended pretty badly and I felt awful but thankfully he's a really good guy and sympathised w/ my stress and accepted my apology. Thankfully he's stuck with me :) Below are pictures of a mostly fun, very long day!




























No comments: