Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Flood!

Yesterday on our way home we came to a "Road Closed" sign and I was fairly confused but obviously took the detour. About 30 feet up the hill we had to climb to route the detour I realized why... The James River was way over its banks. We stopped a little further down and took a few pictures with the cell phone. What's hard to guage from these shots is how big the James River actually is...it's a very large river, even as far inland as Richmond. And how fast it was moving. I drive thru there about 35mph and the water was going as fast or faster then my car. And, there were HUGE trees and pieces of debris just flipping around in the water. It was amazing to witness.

This morning the water was higher but its still pitch dark on my way to work so I couldn't take any additional pictures.







No comments: