Patrick got sick last week. I don't think I've updated about it - probably trying to block it from my mind because it wore both Jame & I to the point of total exhaustion. He started with an upper respiratory infection requiring the use of a nebulizer. I'd never taken on these treatments or the WWF wrestling match required to keep the mask on Paddy's face. It sucked! Anyway, then we added diahrea (sp?) onto the breathing issues. And finally, no bad cold complete w/ liquipoo is complete w/out a high fever and double ear infection. Poor kid has really been thru it. Anyway, during all of this we were feeding him whenever he wanted to eat in an effort to keep him hydrated. Turns out that the little booger has developed a snacky habit for the middle of the night. Now, I don't mind feeding him in the middle of the night if he's sick, having a growth spurt, etc. But yesterday he was refusing to eat his daytime meals and that is where I draw the line. We are not replacing waking hour food w/ sleepy time food! Hell to the no! Last night I decided enough was enough and we engaged in a battle of wills. He woke at 11:30 w/ a stuffy nose and so I salined him. He cried and cried. Then he pooped, so I changed him and put him back to bed and he cried and cried. Then he pooped again, back to bed, more crying. He finally went back to sleep around 1:30. So, we both slept well from 2-5 at which point I had to wake HIM up to feed him. Stinker!
I'm exhausted! EXHAUSTED! But I have prevailed. Teach him who's the boss :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment