Sunday, January 10, 2010

Our weekend (reader's digest version)

Its cold here. Not VT cold (we're getting awfully soft in our 2nd complete winter here), but definitely pretty damn chilly by VA standards. Overnights in the teens for crying out loud! Anyway, Saturday I ran my errands and then tried to get crap crossed off my to do list. Always lots of fun items like laundry (endless), watering plants and turning the compost pile. BTW, frozen compost is heavy as hell and when you're out of shape flipping it can cause unbelievable back anguish! Just let me learn that lesson the hard way for all of you nice readers ;)

We spent a nice afternoon relaxing and had an early evening. (note prior post that P hasn't been sleeping well... so Mom goes to bed freakishly early too). Today I started cooking early for the week. Nothing like the smell of sauteed garlic at 8am to start a day off right! Then we decided to head out to lunch at the Olive Garden. To avoid cranky baby due to nap conflict we got there really early (I think we might have been the 3rd people there w/ some old folks who can't wait for lunch ahead of their afternoon nap either. Had a great time at lunch and then headed home.

Jame yelled a lot at the Patriot's while our kids took lovely naps. I backed up the computer and installed skype. How fun! I hope we know lots of people who want to chat it up this way because I think it's most excellent. Yeah, that's right...dork alert!

Anyway, the blub blub blub gurgle gurgle blub of the wine pouring into my glass is music to my ears and I'm thinking early nighty night for the cherubs!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ohhhh - skype! We just downloaded it but use the Logitech application (super dork alert) to talk to Rick's family...well, so G can talk to Rick's family. Shall we add a "date" so the kiddos can get to know each other better...I promise not to let out my "ugly cry" on video and reserve that for phone calls only!! : )