Saturday, February 27, 2010

I've been bitten....

Yep, it's the gardening bug.  This morning I went to Lowe's and wandered and wandered and dreamed and wandered and lusted.  I put about $500 worth of stuff into my cart and then decided this year I was going to have a plan in place before I started.  So, I left my cart (full) in the aisle and walked out with nothing more than a free brochure.  I had a momentary twinge of guilt and then remembered the years I spent working retail and dealing with full, abandoned carts and decided that life had simply come full circle.

So, here's the plan.  I'm going to take a bunch of pictures of my boring (shitty) backyard and then I'm going to figure out what to plant where and how many we'll need and what colors I'd like, etc.  Then, I'm going to shop around and find the best prices.

I am putting Jame on a mission to figure out how the heck to contstruct me a spinning barrel composter since I am TIRED of breaking my back turning the giant heap of rotting crap.  I'm going to order my veggie seeds and then once spring FINALLY arrives I am going to plant my yard silly :)

Now I'm going to go finish my sweater and ignore my dirty house!

No comments: