Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Yes, it's another Blog makeover!

In honor of spring we've got some bright green, butterflies and flowers.  This actually took me forever to put together because the original template had a white background and, damnit, I wanted black.  Finally figured it out!  Had to dive into the html and monkey around w/ the padding and such.  Then I decided that I wanted those pretty flowers as part of my buttons but needed to make their background transparent.  Layer after layer after layer ensued and finally I had a template I was happy with.  Updated the html for my links and added the collage and 'about' graphics.  This was a lot of back & forth between paint.net and picnik.com and I absolutely loved every minute of it.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Isn't it empowering to be able to learn something new and get it done yourself. Great job personalizing your blog.

Rachelle said...

So pretty! I love the colors! :) Very springlike.

Rachelle

Kat @ Black Kats Design said...

Very pretty. I'd love to know how you changed the background to black. Mine has a yellow swirl pattern and I want white! If you could point me in the right direction, I have no problem playing with the HTML code. Thanks!