Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Random Thoughts....

Girl Scout Cookies...
1) Why don't actual girl scouts sell them anymore?  This year we've purchased from an Aunt, a family friend and a coworker (yeah, I know we have a problem with self control).  I have yet to see a young lady w/ a green sash on making a sales pitch.
2) What do they put in those things to make them so insanely irrisistable?

Using my powers for good...  I have a ton of yarn balls leftover from finished projects and I have no idea what to do with them.  So, I'm going to start making baby & kid stuff to donate for next winter.  I figure some sweater/hat/mitten sets will take care of any extra yarn laying around and have the added benefit of keeping some kiddos warm next fall.

Trash...  The last 2 mornings I've witnessed trash blowing down the street and up to the feet of another VCU-MCVH'er walking to work.  It's early, barely light, and everyone is in zombie/tired mode.  Instead of continuing on their path they've picked up whatever it was and carried it with them to the nearest trash can.  This sort of stuff totally restores my faith in the inner goodness of people.

No comments: