The ants are driving me CRAZY! And I do mean crazy. Seriously...I'm starting to behave like a lunatic. They are in my compost in the most creepy crawly disgusting way you can imagine. And I do hope that ant eggs make good compost because there are a lot of those in there too. Feel like you've got bugs on your skin just reading this? Imagine what it's like to be in my backyard.
Then I found the aphids. damn things are sucking the life out of my gorgeous spring growth. Well, to hell they are!
Then (oh, how I love the internet) I found that these two little crappers are actually having a nice little symbiotic (did I spell that right?) relationship. The aphids suck the water out of my plants and make aphid crap...oops, I mean sap, and then the ants eat the aphid sap which causes the aphids to make more. Well, I have determined that I will be the end of this little love story between the aphids and the ants. I've got 3000 ladybugs on their way to my home from a lovely little garden store (also found on the internet). I've purchased about half my weight in Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap and then found some stuff called Natria (at the Big Box Store nearby). So, I bought one container for the non-edibles...and a different kind specifically marketed for organic gardening.
I'm very sad to report that the ants are doing just fine after repeated attacks by the Natria and Dr. Bronner's. Do you wonder sometimes if insects are really set to inheirit the earth?
In happier news...my peony has stopped mocking me. She's lovely!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment