Monday, April 26, 2010

Project Finished!

I've been working on this one for awhile.  This weekend all that was left was one sleeve and I was not going to let it beat me :)  It's done and I'm pleased.  the only downside is that I had to make it big enough for my arms (aforementioned issue) and to go around my boobs which said needed to be a size L sweater.  Well, it should've been a M.  Anyway, after I did that I also managed to lose some weight (Yay!) and so its now fully too big.  I will live thru it.  On to the next project.  A baby blanket for Nat's preschool teacher who is due in July.  I haven't made a blanket for awhile and I'm looking forward to it.

Okay, so here's how I did it...  Started w/ the actual instructions

Here's how I changed it to try and fit me a little better than the pattern was calling form.  As I was working the pattern I noticed that the arm openings were too small. 
-So, I worked the pattern for a size L and added an extra 10 stitches when I created the arm openings. 
-Cont. working a size L until the sweater length was just past my bust.
-decrease on each side under the armpits on alternating rows until stitch count was the same as for a size M.
-Finish pattern for size M.

** I made mine a little longer than what is pictured in the pattern because my belly (post N & P) is not quite crop sweater worthy anymore!

** In case you want to make the pattern you can find it here (username/logon required for this site).
Shared with:
The Girl Creativemake it wear it
BWS tips button
Photobucket

3 comments:

Mad in Crafts said...

That is beautiful! I actually can crochet, but I can't follow patterns, so I am kinda stuck making blankets and scarves. I wish I could make sweaters like this!

Thanks for linking up to my Mad Skills party!

Natalie said...

Soooo pretty. To look on the bright side, it's a good thing that it's too big now! : )

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

So beautiful!! Great work!

I have a weekly Thursday blog party especially for people to share things they've made to be worn. Stop by if you'd like!