Monday, May 10, 2010

Updates on "getting my style on"

I realized that I never updated about my shoe choice to The Wedding Event of the summer.  Over the weekend I made my jewelry and tried the whole thing on w/ a green pashmina wrap that matches the green beads in the earrings/bracelet.  Looked pretty darn good (IMO) and short the wrap (that I don't have a picture of) here is the get up.  And for the record I still can't find a decent picture of the dress online.




With regard to the earrings and bracelet...  I found the teal and crystal beads, links, chain (30") and chandelier earring posts at Ben Franklin.  I robbed an old necklace I never wore of its green beads and got to work with a pair of needle nose pliers.  This was a rotten PIA but I am thrilled w/ the way it came out.  Got the earrings done first (after 3 tries and a lot of time spent in front of the mirror) then moved on to the bracelet.  It goes around my wrist 5x and so I roped it back and forth, attached links at the 2 ends and added the clasp.  Then I started randomly putting the beads on.  I still have a few left and am wondering if I can try my hand at a large cocktail ring for my right hand.  We'll see...I've moved on to a new crochet project so this may be the end of my costume jewelry for a week or 2 :)

And because The Hubs is going to look pretty swanky himself....here's his suit and my opinion on what his tie should look like :)  We'll see if he'll go along w/ his tie matching my bling and pashmina.  tee hee!


8 comments:

Alita said...

I love any occasion to get dressed up! I love your accessory pieces. Very cute. And you can't ever go wrong with a LBD.

Amy said...

Ohhh - can't wait to see the whole thing put together ON YOU!!! : ) You'll look smashing dahling!

Natalie said...

You're going to look gorgeous! I love what you've done with the jewelry. And it's a must for Jame to wear a matching tie! : )

~L~ said...

you have to post the whole look. loving the jewelry.

link party every monday for those that DIY their Style. come join us! www.avidaccents.blogspot.com

Kaysi said...

It all looks great!!

Pam said...

I love the look of this necklace, especially. It appears delicate but substantial at the same time, if that makes any sense. Great job!

Jill said...

Beautiful jewellery! Found you on make my style Monday!

Jill

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing!