Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More stuff Natalie won't wear :)

I really, truly, swear it...this is the last stuff I'm making for her.  She put the headband on for just about 25 seconds and has refused to try the skirt.  Instead she'd like me to send it to my friend Amy's daughter, G.  (Amy, if you like this let me know and it's yours.)

Anyhoo...  I nabbed the pattern for the skirt from here and then I changed it up a little bit.  Natalie is longer and thinner then the instructions called for.  And I did the ruffle differently.  That I actually crocheted directly on to the outer layer of the skirt using slip stitches and then the first row was a single crochet.  I thought, maybe, just maybe, Nat would wear this is I used the softest yarn and a flamboyant bow - but nope.  Too bad for you cupcake yarn.

I made the headband from a pattern found at Vallies Kids and stole the button off an old pair of pants I don't like anymore :)  Made that while I was waiting for Paddy to have his surgery.  So, obviously a very quick and easy pattern.

Here are the pictures.  :)




BWS tips button

5 comments:

Sami said...

That skirt is amazing! Love the colors. I wish I could knit more than just scarves... I'm not the craftiest with a ball of yarn. ;)

Kelli said...

You are simply one amazing woman!!! Fabulous job you creative mommy you !!! Gosh if I could be half as creative as you I'd be doing good!!!!!!
This message is from you very jealous friend Kelli! ;o)

scrapvt said...

Those are gorgeous, I'm sorry she won't wear them, someday she'll wonder why too.

ezri.blue said...

That is just so lovely! My kids don't wear anything knitted or crocheted either. :(

Mad in Crafts said...

Thanks for linking up to the Mad Skills party!