There is too much to go back over so I'll just start with a little bit of happy update on the family front.
Today is Jame's birthday! He's 37 years old and I simply cannot understand how that has happened to that boy I started stalking 21 years ago this summer. Happy Birthday to my Hubs!
Natalie has been turning herself into a "do-gooder". Last week her preschool class did a fundraiser for Children's Miracle Network. They sold Lemon-Aid to help kids with cancer. Natalie made her bed and took out the (appropriate) trash for a week to earn $5. to donate to the sick kids. She was very proud of herself and stated repeatedly that "once they got their money their germs would go away and they'd be able to give hugs to their friends again." She is definitely a sweet kid. This week another classroom is collecting Dawn dish detergent and donations for the gulf oil spill. Nat has continued to make her bed, do trash and other odds and ends so we took her $5 and bought a bottle of detergent and she put the rest of her money in the collection box. Then she went to brag to all her friends. So, she is human ;)
It's still hot here. My garden is struggling. I did buy another section of drip hose and a splitter to try and salvage some more veggies. Everything is still alive but nothing is producing anymore. No tomatoes are growing, the eggplant and peppers have stopped growing, the cukes flower but no fruit comes. I think the 100+ days are just roasting everything. 2 other people I've talked to recently said their veggies seem to be hibernating as well. Best I can hope for is a resurgence (sp?) when it cools off a little bit.
I'm done w/ my posting hiatus and will try to be better w/ pictures and updates!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
love the title of ur post b/c pretty much sums me and my bloggie these days. its just too busy! so i thought id post u some comment love.
Post a Comment