My gosh, doesn't she look kid-like with her new haircut. Just another piece of her babyhood seems to have been sloughed off with the inches of hair as they fell on the floor.
Before
During the cut - not a great picture 'cause I got the standard "cheese" face :)
Look how proud she is of her new do! And as beautiful as ever...even if she does look just a tiny bit too grown up for her Mommy's taste :)
I also need to admit that this bothers me a little for no good reason at all. Nat's hair was so gorgeous - my ideal hair if I'm being honest. I have cultivated it. I've let it grow and conditioned and on and on. Every day I did battle with her to keep it up and clean and kept. She wanted it all cut off so badly. There was no good reason not to do this...except I didn't want to.
I also need to admit that this bothers me a little for no good reason at all. Nat's hair was so gorgeous - my ideal hair if I'm being honest. I have cultivated it. I've let it grow and conditioned and on and on. Every day I did battle with her to keep it up and clean and kept. She wanted it all cut off so badly. There was no good reason not to do this...except I didn't want to.
In the interest of not being a total jerkwad I finally conceded that it was time. So, haircut for kid may also equal personal growth for Mommy.

5 comments:
Way to go, Mama! I did the same thing to my Emma Claire's hair when she was two. We cut off nearly 10 inches! It was heartbreaking!
Awwwww!!! Just another reason that girls rock.
By the way... Love YOUR new blog look!
She looks great, love the hair =)
Oh Mom! Just kidding, I'm going through the same growing pains with my little one too. She's got the prettiest curly locks, and she's dying to chop it all off. What's a mom to do?
I promise she still looks like a little 4 year old girl. : ) And like you said, she's as beautiful as ever!
Post a Comment