Thursday, August 12, 2010

Heard Last Night

Last night I was driving home from my monthly shopping blow out at BJ's wholesale club when I heard this interview on the radio.  It struck me almost to the point where I forgot to breathe.  Roseanne Cash said some things that resonate with such wisdom and I pulled over to the side of the interstate to listen to her speak.  Maybe it's because I've spent the last few weeks trying to sort through some old baggage and painful times.  Maybe it's because I'm getting older and finally ready to listen when someone gives me some advice.  Maybe it's because when I heard the idea of borrowing from my future to enable me to handle the present it touched a nerve so deep that I didn't know I had done that for myself until someone put it into words for me. 

This has been a really emotional stretch for me and I have had a profound need to close in, hunker down and conserve my emotional stability.  I want to thank Roseanne Cash for giving me some much needed perspective.

I'm sure I'll be back to my effusive and talky self soon enough.  In the meantime, if you're feeling a little bit like you might be interested in the interview I encourage you to listen.  Or the transcript is available too. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Miss you. Love you. See you SOON!