Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Grammie's Artwork

The Hub's grammie was a painter and we have several pieces of her artwork.  Unfortunately the style of our home did not lend itself to the barnwood frames that his grandfather had made for them....and the barnwood frames did not lend themselves to being moved across state lines and between homes.  Long story short we had these lovely paintings but they had no frames and were at risk of being damaged.  I finally brought them in to the have them custom framed over the holidays and am thrilled with the result.  They're hanging in the diningroom and while I have no aptitude for interior decorating I think the placement is flattering and came out well. 

And of course it touched all our heartstrings to see them on the wall.  It's really nice to have this connection to family in our home.


1 comment:

scrapvt said...

They look very nice. God, I miss her.