I know we all have different political viewpoints and opinions but I think almost anyone with a pulse can admit that this is a really important day. Along that vein I would just like to note something that is really sticking with me today. VA is a very different world from VT (ha! no kidding, right?) and being here to see how affected my black friends are by the inauguration of the first black president has been something I never could've appreciated if I were still in VT. The depth of this for many of my friends has been so surprising and amazing and has really touched my heart and opened my eyes. I do hope that this really means a healing for some of the past that just keeps resurfacing...or maybe it indicates a maturation for our country. Anyway, I'm feeling hopeful! And very thankful I'm not traveling north on I95 today :)
Ah, the weekend.... why does it always end so quickly? On Saturday Jame & I left Nattie w/ a babysitter and went car hunting. We found a good one that we both really liked but are going to keep it in mind and try to find it for less somewhere else. The dealer where we found it has a no haggle policy...and frankly, I'm a haggle kind of a girl. I felt so disappointed leaving there, knowing that if we bought from them I'd feel like I'd been cheated. Jame thought it wasn't too annoying but agreed that a lower price would be much nicer! We had lunch just the 2 of us and overall it was a really enjoyable day. It was cold here though - and windy - we're getting very soft after 2 years here. 2 years ago a 25 degree day in Jan would just feel normal.
Sunday Nattie & I had a nice play date and then I met a friend for an insanely long, very relaxing lunch. It was terrific. I smashed any guilty feelings about leaving Jame alone w/ the mini-tyrant for so many hours and truly enjoyed myself, the food and all the good conversation. Yay girl time! Sadly, since that lunch I've been unable to eat much of anything. Patrick is riding high into my ribs and so I'm longing for a deep breath and a meal that doesn't look like it was planned by a diet nazi. Drop Patrick! Drop dammit! This is my last big chance to indulge before I spend the rest of my life on a diet and you're ruining it! Drop Boy, Drop!
Yesterday I took the holiday and get a few things done - errands & such. Watched the movie Juno (very funny!) and then watched Jame assemble my glider/rocker. I am very excited about this chair for a few reasons. It will make those long nights w/ Patrick much comfier...and we paid for it by selling unwanted stuff on Craigslist. I do love to feel like I'm coming out ahead (note thoughts on buying cars in previous paragraph...tee hee).
And...drumroll please...it might snow here today. A whole half inch. I'll take it!
Wow, this got long winded....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Your weekend sounds great! I have Juno coming up on Netflix and can't wait and I'm SERIOUSLY jealous over your glider/rocker...is that what baby #2 gets you?...if so I'm gonna get crackin'!! : )
Post a Comment