Thursday, March 25, 2010

Stuff...

This past weekend was one of the best I can remember.  I met my 7 girlfriends from college in Philly and enjoyed the heck out of myself.  Its the first time I've been away since well before Paddy's arrival and both kids took it a bit hard but J did great on his own and I came home w/ a belly ache from laughing and a sore throat from talking. 

Friday I even managed to sneak in a trip to IKEA, a relaxing drink in the sunshine complete w/ people watching and good conversation, an excellent meal at a wine bar and kept my eyes open til midnight!

Saturday I headed out to meet a friend from a different circle of my life for a gorgeous walk in the sun and a large cup of coffee.  The rest of the crew showed up at lunchtime and we threw a fantastic surprise bridal shower for CK.  Lovely and hilarious between the fine china and naughty gifts.  We fully enjoyed the atmosphere and eachother and stayed up incredibly late.

I wish I could give more details but what happens at Girls' Weekend stays at Girls' Weekend!

Last night I fully intended to get on the treadmill and run my gut off.  When I picked Nat up from school she burst into tears and told me she needed a snuggle.  So, we compromised.  I got a mini work out in the garden and she didn't get a snuggle but did get to put on her cute little gardening gloves and help me put seeds in the ground.  We planted radish, peas, spinach and carrotts.  Then we ran the drip hose.  The mulch is being delivered this weekend and I plan to finish phase I.  Stand by for pictures and updates!


Photobucket

No comments: